- DVM, Oklahoma State University, Center for Veterinary Health Science
- Small Animal Rotating Internship, Western College of Veterinary Medicine in Saskatoon
- Dermatology Residency, University of Pennsylvania, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Diplomate American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- Member CTVSH Allergy & DermatologyTeam
Dr. Heather Akridge is a native Arkansan and a proud alumnus of Oklahoma State University. She received her undergraduate and veterinary degree from OSU. After graduation, she completed a one-year small animal internship at Western College of Veterinary Medicine in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan working in various specialties. She moved toward warmer weather and lived in Austin for two years while working in general practice. She then spent 3 years in Philadelphia completing a dermatology and allergy residency at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Akridge enjoys traveling, live music, two-stepping, yoga, and a fan of the Austin Ballet and spending time in good coffee shops. Dr. Akridge is very excited to be returning to Texas and especially Austin.