- DVM Ross University, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Small Animal Medicine & Surgery Internship, University of Saskatchewan, Veterinary Medicine
- Specialty Internship in Ophthalmology, University of Missouri, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Comparative Veterinary Ophthalmology Residency, University of Missouri, Veterinary Medicine
- Diplomate American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- CTVSH Team Member, Department of Ophthalmology
Dr. Laura Barnes was born in California where she completed her undergraduate course work at Cal Poly, Pomona. She graduated from Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2005. She completed a general rotating internship at the University of Saskatchewan and an ophthalmology internship at the University of Missouri. She completed her comparative ophthalmology residency at the University of Missouri in 2010 and has been a member of CTVSH since the summer of 2010. Dr. Barnes has 1 dog, Sierra and 3 cats, Gulliver, Missy and Black. She enjoys weightlifting, running, cycling, swimming and hiking with Sierra.