• Your initial consultation appointment will take 30 to 60 minutes. Please bring your pet with you to the appointment.
• Prior to your appointment, please call your veterinarian's office to have copies of your pet's pertinent records and test results sent to CTVSH by fax or please bring copies with you. Feel free to call us the day prior to your appointment to make sure they have been received
• Please ask when setting up your initial appointment if normal food and water is alright the day of your pet's appointment.
• Following examination and assessment by one of our specialist, a diagnostic and treatment plan will be prepared and discussed with you. In some cases, x-rays or lab tests may need to be repeated, or additional tests may need to be performed. All of this will be discussed during your initial consultation appointment.
• You may be able to leave your pet for further tests or surgery the same day, depending on the procedures to be performed.
• Please bring all medications and special foods that your pet may need in preparation for a stay at CTVSH
• If your pet requires hospitalization, please be assured that every effort will be made to make your pet comfortable. We offer pet beds, towels, blankets and pillows to provide a comfortable surface for your pet. We ask that you not leave anything with your pet other than food or medications as they may get soiled and then mixed up with other items of the hospital during cleaning. We know how special these items can be and we want your pet to have them when they come back home.