- DVM, University of California Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine
- Small Animal Medicine & Surgery Internship, Oregon State University
- Residency, Small Animal Surgery, University of California Davis
- Diplomate American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Member CTVSH Surgery Team
Dr. Matthew O’Donnell earned his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from the University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine, graduating with honors. He then completed a small animal rotating internship in Surgery and Internal Medicine at the Oregon State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital and returned to UC Davis for his surgical residency. He joined CTVSH in 2015, after completing his residency. Dr. O’Donnell’s clinical interests include soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, wound reconstruction and management, and minimally invasive procedures (arthroscopy, laparoscopy, thoracoscopy). In his spare time, Dr. O’Donnell enjoys exploring Austin with his family, playing with his dogs, Rocky and Elvis, music and sports.